Apples and Spice and Everything Nice Recipe
Layers of goodness make apples and spice and everything nice a tasty baby food the whole family will enjoy. This baby food will teach your child how to love healthy flavors from a young age — and you’ll enjoy eating this dish as a family for years to come.
Note: This recipe makes breakfast for baby and two adults :)
Apples and Spice and Everything Nice Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Baby Food
- Skill Level: Easy
- 1/8 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 Cups Hot Water
- 2 Teaspoons Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Fuji Apple Shredded
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Old Fashioned Whole Oats (3/4 Cup of oats when cooked)
- Calories: 121
- Protein: 4
- Fat: 4
- Sodium: 2
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 4
- Sugar: 3
- Pour the boiling water over raisins. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain the water from the raisins and set aside.
- Grind oats in blender. Set aside.
- Toast the sunflower and sesame seeds in a dry pan.
- Add the apples to the seeds and sauté until soft – about 3 minutes over medium heat – stirring constantly. Blend this mixture to a puree.
- Stir the water from the raisins into the oat powder.
- Stir in apple mixture and cinnamon.
- Puree raisins in a blender.
- Serve the warm apple, oat, cinnamon mixture on the bottom topped with the raisin puree on top.
Published on: July 20, 2010
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness RecommendationsSignup now to get Dr. Greene's healing philosophy, insight into medical trends, parenting tips, seasonal highlights, and health news delivered to your inbox every month.